Beauty Amazon

Two from Coo Coo Comics, 1948

Today we have two great stories from Coo Coo Comics No. 41 - September, 1948. Our first story starring the ever-wonderful Supermouse is by an artist I can't immediately identify. I don't believe it is the work of the usual Soupie artists I'm familiar with (Milt Stein, Al Hubbard, Dan Gordon, Gene Fawcett) but I'll take a shot anyway and say this looks like the work of Chad Grothkopf, creator of Hoppy the Marvel Bunny. Needless to say, my capacity for being wrong is profound and any other thoughts are welcome. Whomever it is, it's gifted bigfoot work.

Our second story has the artwork of Bob Wickersham (Bob Wick); who worked as an animator for Disney, Warners, and Fliescher studios during his career. I find Colonel Punchy and odd character - a penguin with southern confederacy roots. Well, it's a unique concept at any rate!