Beauty Amazon

Fox and the Crow in - "Flat Broke" and "New York Ticket"

This will finish up the Fox and the Crow stories from Real Screen Comics No. 38, May 1951. Jim Davis offered any aspiring cartoonist an education in every panel. You can practically feel his characters move and live, jumping right off the page into tactile life. Not for nothing, the script for this title was uniformly brilliant. Judging from the time frame, the words here were most likely provided by Hubie Karp. All scans are from my own comic

This ad is from the same issue. I cannot adequately put into words my love for this ad. When I was young, my father always took our family to the annual “Boat Show.” Then as now, boats produce tears of boredom. But a Shoe Show? Now you’re talking! This was the year they unveiled The Skipper!