Beauty Amazon

RICHIE RICH No. 45, May 1966

When just a little comic book lover, I could lose myself staring at Richie Rich covers like this one by Warren Kremer, which were always gag cartoons about Richie’s lavish lifestyle. Richie so enjoyed his vast wealth. Who could blame him? I loved how unabashedly rich he was. The following three stories are from Richie Rich No. 45, May 1966.

When artist Sid Couchey was 14 he sent Walt Disney a letter in which he explained to Mr. Disney that his pencils were all sharpened and he was ready for employment. There is something of that brash innocence that infuses the following stories, all of which have the unmistakable Couchey touch.

Couchey had a wonderful sense of visual humor, and his drawings fit these funny stories to a tee. I just love the way Mrs. Rich is drawn in the first story, Driving Lessons.

This ad is from the same issue. I want this bad.