Beauty Amazon

LITTLE LULU No. 54, December 1952

John Stanley always manages to touch the joy of being alive. His stories are sprinkled with perfect human moments, so universal they always bring smiles. Next to the towering edifice of Stanley’s reputation, Irving Tripp’s contribution is often overshadowed, but his art is essential to Little Lulu and compliments perfectly the tone and minimalist perfection of Stanley’s stories.

Tubby was Stanley’s agent of sweet chaos and, like every boy in the world, I saw myself in Tubby - myself and all my friends. Here are two Tubby stories from Little Lulu no. 54, December 1952.

This ad is from the same issue. Sure, that Space Ranger kit is amazing, but feast your eyes on that television! You know what was great about those old televisions? They had no remote. Why was that cool, you ask? Well, in my house, only my father ever touched the space-age controls located on the front. Invariably, his walk across the carpeting would produce a static charge that would snap him the moment he touched one of the knobs. He’d curse like a trooper. Darn, that made me howl!

Please enjoy and purchase the Little Lulu Volumes, available from Dark Horse Comics. Just CLICK HERE to have a look!